"Revive"?

CA2OR

Waves has it and it works ok for dipping. If you really want to nuke something dip it in TMPCC. I use the

Revive for just a cleaning type dip as that is what it is for if you read the bottle. I know when it comes to zoos the only real wory is nudis and they come off with a FW dip.

What led to this was I have a frag of Zoa's that hasn't opened in almost a month. The tubes are still there and occasionally I see parts of the skirt. Stupid Zoa's were almost $20 a polyp and they dont open. I am determine to see them open. Even if I have to inject Iodide as someone had posted about. Anyone have any pointers?

Zoos can be picky I had my Tubbs colony go south and who knows why. I ended up loosing close to 30 polypsDOH! I never dipped them just moved them to another part of the tank and now the 50 or so that are left are doing great(rock2) I have had other ones do the same thing and do not know why. But in the end they always seem to come around.

I have read that injecting iodide directly into the stock seems to have very quick results. I have moved these like 6 times to all different locations in my tank and left for about a week or more in each location. Even removed from plug and glued onto rock. That actually is what got me the partial opening. Better than before but still no good.

Yah a dip in FW is fine for zoas. Works really well.

I have some that act like what you are describing. They open, partly, but the skirt is never extended and the flesh just looks poor. I've tried dipping in TMPCC and FW along with moving them around the tank and finally to QT tank. Same result. This is why i'll be trying the injection of iodide, just gotta get the needles.

Good luck with yours. They don't happen to be caribbean zoas do they?

Have you tried dipping in iodine first? That seems a little less drastic than injecting.

If you do inject, test it out on some cheap-o zoas to start with to make sure you have good technique. Using a syringe is not for the weak at heart.

dsoz

I use Revive as well. It does smell like pine sol - which is scary. But i think it is an effective and more gentle option than TMPCC. TMPCC is the "nuke" option.

If I get an expensive coral and want to stress it out as little as possible, but still get rid of nasties that might hitch a ride, then I like Revive - and use it on anything before it goes into my tank. Everything gets a Revive and Interceptor bath.

If I knew a coral had something specific, then I would use TMPCC. But as a preventative measure, I just want to take as little risk as possible of causing an already stressed frag to RTN.