will candy cane frag be ok?

jason7504

i got a single candy cane polyp and a ORA green birdsnest frag and i dont have any underwater epoxy so i put them each in a hole in my LR..will they attach themselves to the rock over time or will i have to attach them still?

i stuck the base into a hole in my rock...

candycanefrag.jpg

will that prevent it from growing

I dont think the candy cane will attach, they grow out from their skeleton. I have some birds nest I did the same with a piece that broke off and it has never attached. Its growing just fine but its possible the current will move it slightly so it cant grow attached. get some Maxi-cure or IC-Gel (superglue) and put some in the hole then put the coral back in, thats the easiest way

it looks alot better than having frag plugs in your tank

I dont think the candy cane will attach, they grow out from their skeleton. I have some birds nest I did the same with a piece that broke off and it has never attached. Its growing just fine but its possible the current will move it slightly so it cant grow attached. get some Maxi-cure or IC-Gel (superglue) and put some in the hole then put the coral back in, thats the easiest way

it looks alot better than having frag plugs in your tank

ok and those are reef safe? i just hate to touch the candy cane because i would have to lift it out of the hole by the flesh and i dont wanna damage it