WTB Coralife Digital Power Center

jason7504

I just returned one the day after I bought it. Everytime I unplugged something into the white plugs the unit reset all the programming, and would make a sparking sound. The unit also doesn't allow for much in the way of diverse timing. Big piece of (censored)! IMHO

Shane

power center

I also had problems with 1 I had shorting out and it wat sparking and smoking. I am sure it would have started a fire if I had not gotten to it. My brother saw the flashing of the sparks behind the tank at 4 am when he went to the bathroom or it may have burned the house down! There was no water or slat around or on it! It was dusty but that was it!

I would definatly not recommend buying one of these! If you are wanting a timer I would recommend a powerbar with a GFCI and the individual timers.

The only thing I was running on my mine was my return pump, 1 65 watt PC and a couple of powerheads and a 50 watt heater on a timer to come on at night when lights were off!

I also had problems with 1 I had shorting out and it wat sparking and smoking. I am sure it would have started a fire if I had not gotten to it. My brother saw the flashing of the sparks behind the tank at 4 am when he went to the bathroom or it may have burned the house down! There was no water or slat around or on it! It was dusty but that was it!

I would definatly not recommend buying one of these! If you are wanting a timer I would recommend a powerbar with a GFCI and the individual timers.

The only thing I was running on my mine was my return pump, 1 65 watt PC and a couple of powerheads and a 50 watt heater on a timer to come on at night when lights were off!

did water get into the strip? that might of been why it shorted and almost caught fire