Does anyone have/used the magicjack phone?

Jay

My mother-in-law had one. She found it really hit and miss. Sometimes it worked great, but other times the sound quality was terrible (basically unusable). Also, she had trouble receiving calls.

When she first got it, I did some checking online and found that there were a lot of complaints about their customer support. That may have changed.

With skype can you use a regular cordless phone? I have phone through comcast with their bundle of phone internet and cable. We downgraded the TV to the very minimum as we have a sat dish so its not the full price. But our phone is costing us 39 bucks a month and with that magicjack being 20 a year I can see a pretty good savings......if it works. I know with the magicjack you can use any phone. I am going to order it and try it. Its only 40 to start and includes the first year so not much to lose. With my cable internet running at light speeds these days it may work fine for me.

Jay

I love my majicjack. yes i have it and it works fine. just make sure you have it connected to a good computer and you are using cable internet at a minimum. it is so much cheaper than everything else out there right now. My fiancee has had great luck making international calls to france and japan on it as well. sometimes you get a bad connection but you just hang up and call again and it works fine. for $20 per year it is totally worth it. i use a cell phone and it and that is all.

LOL,

I work for Qwest so I probably shouldn't be saying this, but I did just noticed that they were in a few of my Best Buy stores. Might be quicker and easier than ordering one on the phone or online. Of course if you decide to go with Qwest, let me know and I can get you a great deal since you are currently with our competitor :)

Garrett

Well I got my magicjack today and set it up. It works awesome. I cannot tell the difference between my other phone. They did mislead me by saying that 360 would be available for my phone number when it is not....but they assured me that it will be available within 1 month. I did look to see what it costs to run a computer 24-7 and its like 25 bucks a month according to dslreports page.....but I have been running my computer mostly all day everyday for a good long time anyway.

the best part about the magicjack that i LOVE is when someone leaves you a voicemail it will actually email the voicemail as a sound file to your email address. I have a blackberry so i can open the sound file and listen to any voicemails no matter where i am at. and of course the voicemail and caller id, and call waiting come as part of the package $20 per year.

glad you like it.