Requesting help and ideas

C0lin

The picture looked like a rock, for rock walk ways, not quartz. Did you get them off Portland Rd.? What you need to find is if it leeches and changes the PH. Put them in a bucked of clean water. Check the water PH before there in and a week later They do look like the same rock I used in my tank when I kept Cichlids. Being they like a higher PH with that rock I think your OK but please check it. Keep the bucket out of the rain but at least room temp.

I got them in the place on 99e' date=' which I guess could be considered Portland Rd. It's the place by the Firehouse ;)[/quote']

I thought so. Check it as I posted above. It was suggested from a LFS that is closed. I didn't need any buffer after the rock input. Better safe than sorry

photo3.jpg

There it is. The sand is still settling, so the water looks a little cloudy............or foggy like the weather. It's a big improvement from the former setup. Now I want more fish!

Did I mention that I got the rocks for free? They were in the scrap section. If I had gone to a LFS, that stuff would've been like $40.

I might have to get more sand. The rock below is being exposed below it. It does look kinda cool having the different stuff visible. Maybe I'll just keep it. The water is a lot clearer now and the structure on the right collapsed, probably from my stupid pleco.