Looking for parts for my new tank ... light, protein skimmer, stand

littlenano

I just got a new tank and now I am trying to get the pieces I need to set it up as a saltwater tank the main things I am looking for right now are

1. Lights

2. Protein skimmer

3. Stand

I want to be able to keep coral in the tank things like toadstools, zoes, xenia, frogspawns that kind of thing and I am not sure what kind of light I will need. Because I am new to this … I have an aqua pod but it came with everything I needed. My new tank is 36” long 15” wide and 20” tall I was told I need something like T5’s so that the light will reach the bottom of the tank. I know nothing about the lights so if you have something you will have to let me know if it will work. Can’t be more than 36 inches long

Refugium. An area with lower flow and no or little predators. This gives an area to grow macro algae, let copepods reproduce as well as bacteria and other organisms without anything to eat them up. Provides food to the tank, corals, and fish and also a place for nutrient export when you trim the macro algae.

But even if you don't make it a fuge, you need to remove all those bioballs. They will become a nitrate sink.

Like I said before I would love to meet up with you and chat about the setup, I PM'ed you my number some time ago, I live over by Bohemia School.

I would strongly recommend the book "conscientious marine aquarist" I think its written by Bob Fenner

http://www.amazon.com/Conscientious-Marine-Aquarist-Commonsense-Successful/dp/1890087025/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1230142595&sr=8-3

Its a great book and talks about all the tank setups for marine use. A easy to read starter book

Anyhow happy to help however I can, I have an extra protein skimmer laying around as well that was used on my 25 gallon.