PH Spike

spectra

Ok so what would cause a spike in the PH? My PH used to run around 8.0 all the time now all of a sudden it has spiked to 8.75 and stayed there. Just pulled the probe and threw it into a freshly mixed up batch of SW and now is reading 7.95 to 7.99 so it must be working. If I can find some time will recalibrate it tonight otherwise tom when I do a WC. Am just beating my head against the wall trying to figure out my tankDOH!

did you check the tank with a color test kit, if you want to borrow my Hanna Ph meter you are welcome to.I would wait and make sure you are getting an accurate reading before taking any action. the only thing I can think of is a continuos dose of kalk, high PH is alot harder to fix then low PH. I did alot of research after I found out my tank had low PH (7.9-7.5 at nite). how does everything look?

Have not checked the tank with anything besides the monitor. Checked a few things yesterday when I was at SWF but they checked out fine. So far the only thing not happy in my tank is a few sps otherwise all my lps and softies are doing great. Acans and Blastos look like they are going to explode.