Auto Cad Help!!!!!

Frank

Maya works better(MUCH MORE CAPABLE) and it's free :D

You can do all those curves and model anything.

I enjoy organic modeling just need some people to draw reference images for me(I can't draw worth beans)

I'm thinking it works like autocad since it is made by the same company and most modeling packages(other than Z-Brush,Blender) are somewhat the same overall. If you go the maya route just focus on Polygon modeling not nurbs or subdives.

Don't go into the other capabilities(animation,shaders,texturing,dynamics...) because you will get a headace trying to understand it all but if you just do modeling for reefs and stuff you'll be very happy with it's capacity.)

made by same company, just a different approach to it, your modeling not drafting. I use both at work with good functionality, when I first modeled with inventor I found it easy to draw uncomplicated things with ease, the ability to modify in the flat a sketch after you make it a 3D model and have it update the model is quite unique as well, I use it over miya and form-z because the integration between me and my customers and suppliers all use either cad (ADT) or Inventor.

I see your doing diagrams,prototypes and stuff not models and more complex things.

I have no clue what inventor is(never seen it) but think if it is for more simple things then that is the way to go.

For me I enjoy using Maya since it challenges me and I'm learning something that could be applied to another CAD/drafting/modeling program if there is a demand for that career(drafting/architecture??))skill in Hawaii. For now though I'm just doing small projects,like I'm working on a short(45 seconds/1 minute?) film reel that will be somewhat photorealistic and I'll be utilizing a good amount of Maya's capabilities.