Big thanks to Frank, Smann, Cyenna, and others

I just wanted everyone on the boards to know how thankful I am for everything everyone has helped me with in the past year and a half since I moved up to Beaverton from Eugene.:D

When my tank crashed a couple of months ago I was really bummed and wanted to just throw in the towel. Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom, words of encouragement and general help over all. I'm gonna make it a point to meet more of you face to face and attend a lot more events ( Especially after missing CFM again!)

Big thanks to Frank especially(rock2)

Frank was down to trade corals with me, BS with me, help me build custom protein skimmers even when I had a horrible design (laugh) store all my livestock when my tank crashed, and the list goes on. Thanks Frank, you rock(rock2) ( I'll hit u up on my cell sometime, you gotta come see the tank now :D )

Big thanks to Steve ( Smann),

Steve has been super cool, hooking me up with frags. Even when I killed em all the first time when my tank crashed, and again to start my tank over. Thanks Steve(rock2)

Thank to Cyenna for hooking me up with the sweet setup for my new system ( Pics will be up soon I promise)

Thanks to everyone who jumped when ever I posted up any need for advice, equipment, livestock, anything. ( JManrow, R-3, TankIt, H20cooled)

Thanks to our LFS's, particularly WAVES and UPSCALES for letting me browse stuff on my way home from work, and occasionally buying something :D

Thanks to everyone I've exchanged frags with over the past year, and if your zoas I traded you have grown out enough to frag me back a polyp or two lemme know, the new tank could use the help ;)

Over all, thanks to the (P)(N)(W)(M)(A)(S) (rock2)(clap):D

I'll have pics of the new tank up soon, and hopefully I'll be posting for frag trades again soon as well(clap)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah the tank is doing real well. Got it all setup and running.

I ended up adding another 3 inches of height onto the partial hood I got from you and painted it matching black. I retro fitted 2x70w HQI's and 2x24 50/50 pc bulbs into it. I'm thinking of going to 2x 150w hqi's and T5 actinics instead though.

I drilled another hole in the stand for a second return and plumbed a SCWD valve into the system.

Made the large sump into a refugium with a 27w powerquad 6500k bulb on the back side of the sump.

I managed to squeeze a Coralife superskimmer 125 onto the back of the bubble trap, but it doesnt fit now with the plumbing for the SCWD valve so I'm trading it for a smaller one this weekend.

Now for some pics (clap) These are all about 2 months old but still nice. These are all before I added the SCWSD valve too. I'll have to get some new growth shots posted soon.

P8300672.jpg

P8300673.jpg

P8300674.jpg

P8300675.jpg

P8300676.jpg

P8300677.jpg

P8300678.jpg

P8300679.jpg

P8300680.jpg

P8300681.jpg

P8300684.jpg

P8300685.jpg