Pepermint shrimp

Jay

Does anyone have any true pepermint shrimp? There are 2 varietys and only 1 will eat the aptasia.

Lysmata wurdemanni is the ones that eat the nems I think. Mabey some of you reefers have some that have done their work and need to sell them? Or know what LFS has some of the good ones proven to eat aptasia at a fair price? My tank is full of them. Oh yea...if someone has a copper banded butterfly that will eat them I would be intrested in buying it if its healthy and has a proven appatite for aptasia. My stand is very high and I have to use a ladder just to reach halfway down and cannot touch the sand so injecting them is hard. DOH!

Jay

I to have a few that I can not get to with the Apt. X so picked up a few shrimp from Travis last time I was at Upscales. Well so far a few of them have disapeared but not sure if it is the shrimp or ? My biggest thing is try and find the bigger shrimp lately all of the ones I have seen are really small.

They should be around six to eight bucks each. I put four in my forty and the aiptasia is gone...... in the display. The fuge and overflow are still aiptasia happy places. One cell of aiptasia can eventually reproduce and overrun your tank. It is kind of like having a vd I guess. So the pepps stay in the display.