Rare earth magnets and AquaC pre skimmer

biomekanic

I've never been able to get my AquaC preskimmer/bubble trap for my Remora to work right.

I've tried the 'fix' of putting in a piece of acrylic, nothing works. It hangs for a few days and then falls into the tank.

I've been thinking about using one of those magnetic powerhead holders instead. Then I looked at just getting neodynium (sp) magnets instead. They're a lot cheaper ( like 10 1" discs with 9lbs of force for $9.99 vs $20+ ). They're nickle coated, would they corrode in the tank? Worse comes to worse and they do, I could just get them imbedded in acrylic and call it good for a few a bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Aqua C

I have the Aqua C Remora with the prefilter and have had no trouble with it... Do you tighten the nobs on the side where the powerhead is down tight???? If you turn them to the right then they tighten down on the powerhead pinching it and holding it in place............ Mine has never moved on me and I have had mine for a few months now.........

(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)(scratch)