Liquid Sunshines "4th Sale" NOT

Saw in the local paper, Register Guard, that Liquid Sunshine was having a 4th of July (clap) sale and decided to go down there in the hopes of picking up a powerhead or two. Went to the store at 2:30pm and they were closed(sad). The paper said nothing about closing early or limited hours, and I figured they would be open all day, or at least till 2:30. I am frustrated that they would advertise a sale like that and then close their doors to me, and countess other people that drove all the way down there just for the sale.

(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)

this seems to be a problem i have with liquid sunshine as well. one time i went there and there was a sign that said be back in 10 mins on the door.i went to the bank real fast and when i returned there was a sign that said be back in 1 hour. so i left came back an hour and 30 mins later and no one. then some guy came to deliver package waited with me for about 5 mins and told me they do this all the time they go down to the bar for little then ended not coming back or closing early.

to the bar, huh? i guess that will determine whether a business stays open for the day or not. it just really gets to me when that is the only reason i go into town. i called today and asked if they would honor the sale, since i showed up yesterday at 2:30 and they said no. i just dont think it is right to advertise a sale and then have the doors closed.

I have seen them closed in the past also when the sign said they were supposed to be open.

I have talked to the owner and he says times are tough because winter is really the only good selling time for fish stores. I talked to him about ways to improve business and sales but he didn't seem to receptive.

Ah, well, hopefully he reads this and decides to make a change, I really do like his store.

Its hard when you have a passion for something, but you just don't know business well enough.

I've talked to Eric ( the owner ) recently, and he's cut prices and had sales recently. About a month or a month and a half ago he had a sale on corals ( 25% off IIRC ) and he only sold 1 piece the entire weekend.

I can understand being upset about the hours though.

i also understand his point. only selling 1 piece during what was a big sale. that can be suspect to a few causes. bad advertising, sub prime corals, high pricing, or closing the doors during the sale. i wanted some of the super green star polyps from hm, and he said they were $300. even at 25% off that is about $220 more than it should've been. the ad i saw in the paper was very small and had to be pointed out by a fellow coworker.

i just wish he would've honored the sale price the next day, since it wasn't my fault the sale was ended early.

Maybe we could get him more involved in the clubs local activities, better communication would help.

I know salt water is relatively new for him, compared to plants, the store is as far as I know his first dealings with marine organisms. ( but I could be wrong ).

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to second the thumbs down on Liquid Sunshine. I was thinking about heading down to Eugene for a while last weekend, and wanted to stop in. I've heard that LS's hours can be a little sketchy, so I wanted to call first before wasting gas to find the place. I left 2 messages and no one ever called me back. Sad. I like to support the local stores, but customer service is usually why I make that choice. LS has fallen short of that.

• 3 months later...
yeah. it is a fine line between high prices and stuff not moving' date=' and too low, saturating everyone's tanks for no profit, then going out of business. he isn't going to re-up the lease, so that place is on its way out. sad to see, but it is only due to personal decisions by the store owner.[/quote']

I have been in there a few times lately and nobody has hinted at closing. How do you know it is?

this was strait from the horse's mouth. he has mentioned it to me several times. havent been in there for a month' date=' but that is what he was telling me for quite some time, along with some others i have talked to.[/quote']

hmmm, well good to know, hopefully there will be a blow out sale to say goodbye