Large condy hosting 2 breeding false percs

fly guy

This really pains me to have to get rid of this fairly uncommon trio. I have had the condy hosting the original clown for three years. The condy has survived being sucked into a powerhead right after I got it, and last year survived a tank crash which killed most everything else, and survived being ripped in half in a rockslide

The second ORA clown I added last fall. it almost got eaten many times at first but the existing clown kept saving it and pulling it out of the nems grasp until it finally got slimed up and safe......then the esisting clown wouldnt let him sleep in it for months....would smack him down if he tried. It was a pretty interesting thing to see. They now breed.

The condy is fairly large for a condy.... or at least seems large to me. I dont know how big they get. Its the only one ive ever had. his foot is abouot 4x4" and when open he needs some space. I keep it in a low nutrient system and it has never split on me besides the time it was ripped in half in the rockslide. I cant get a good pic of it as it is an odd spot in my reef and I ahve to take angled shots through acrylic. The condy is a perfect gentlemen and never once has moved on me from his rock even though he has been through more than a few different tanks and reaquascapes.

I am drastically changing the tank set up he is in and I doubt this cooperation will continue in the super high flow BB environment the tank will be, so instead of risking any of my sps, or risking harm to it, I am going to get rid of it.

I really want to find a good home for it, and much prefer it goes to an experienced reefer than someone new to the hobby. I would like $100 for the trio. I think thats a very fair price considering. However, the most important thing to me is finding a good home so if you can provide that home and either think thats too much or cant afford it.......I could be negotiable. I live in bend but can deliver/meet in portland in the next few weeks.

here is a pic of the condy and the original clown.

clnoisereductionhalfsharpdonefullca.jpg

clownandcondy.jpg

I know you know your stuff and I really hate questioning anyone, but are you sure thas a condilactus? I didn't think that percs/false percs hosted in them. I could be wrong but thats what I have gathered. Also I know that they can look alot like long tenticle anemonies. Of course if its on a rock that would be out as they are sand footers. If it is a condilactus, that is freakin awesome.

Garrett

I know you know your stuff and I really hate questioning anyone, but are you sure thas a condilactus? I didn't think that percs/false percs hosted in them. I could be wrong but thats what I have gathered. Also I know that they can look alot like long tenticle anemonies. Of course if its on a rock that would be out as they are sand footers. If it is a condilactus, that is freakin awesome.

Garrett

i have had a perc host in my condi, but the perc was killed by a trigger, that went back to the fish store, so now i have a maroon, and it too hosts in the condi.

IMG_2566.jpg

Ya...its a condy :) And its still on the same rock I got it on originally 3 years ago.

its not rare...but it isnt common either.

here is a better pic of the condy a couple of years ago when I didnt put himn under and behind my reef to get away from all of my sps :)

anemone.jpg

• 1 month later...

bump

due to many factors this tank changeout took way longer than anticipated

anyway...Reefin...sorry for the delay. this thing is still yours but I havent heard back from the last phone calls or PM's I have left a couple of weeks ago so I will assume you arent interested anymore. if that isnt the case...please get in touch.

otherwise, Im looking for a home still....and SOON. like in the next coupla days.