Proper Acclimation For Fish And Inverts

Kevinmc

• 4 weeks later...

At one point it states that corals and anemones should not be drip acclimated. Instead, float them for a half hour and release directly into the tank. Is this true? I thought that everything had to be acclimated first.

hmmm I'VE HEARD STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE...UGG caps sorry...anyways if you just think about it I dont think its logical.....hmm let me take something more sensitive and expensive and just dump it into my tank....what would you do? i personally think the two hours is worth it. also alot of them dont show affects quickly so of course for the next couple days everything looks great. by the time a anemone starts showing signs its too late not all the time but often. shipping is stressful on a animal yeah if its been horrible and you want it out of that water fast...I could see speeden it up because of the situation but most of the time no you should go with the regular acclimation. it deserves it.

I recently brought home my rose which had been very stressed....though not sure how oxx155 acclimated it( he probably recieved it with nery little water and it had been in shipping for over 48 hours) when I got it from him I did a 2 hour acclimation and by the time I accutally put it in the tank it had been 2.5....well it looks great even being harassed by my maroons. it has attached well open up and color is great. so I think its worth the two hours

I agree with long acclimations, but on some sites they way they show you to drip acclimate for 3 hrs your sort of defeating the purpose....The temps can drop 10 degrees. I prefer the float the bag with the edges rolled down then add water from your tank to the bag this way your bag has temp acclimated also. JMO