Starting Over With 90 GAL-4 Months Old, NEED FISH IDEAS

Kevinmc

I am looking for fish ideas as my tank had some serious issues with ammonia and I lost all of my fish.:eek::eek::eek: (flame)

I currently have a 4 month old 90 GAL. reef tank with 150 LBS. of live mature rock and a 2" sand bed.(whistle) What I am looking for is medium size fish-larger fish that will remain in the open for the most part, (laugh) and not want to hide in the rocks as much.DOH!

I am looking for ideas of brite colored fish, multi-color, and compatible with tank mates(laugh)(laugh)(laugh) is that even possible, tell me that I'm dreaming...LOL.:D

I am set-up with QT tanks, and am ready to start adding fish. What do you have, please send photos, and why do you like them?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Wrasses can be pretty. As with many fish they will be shy at first, but come out more and more as they settle in.

Blue Face Blenny, Ecsenius namiyei Friendly to other fish, very unique, and very interesting behaviour.

Any of various colorful Tangs. Assuming your 90 is four feet long, you should have lots to choose from here.

Yes 4'x18"x24" is my 90 GAL. Today I bought 1 Blue Cardinal, very big, 1 Flame Angel, 2 Blue Face Tangs for my wife, Happy Mothers Day BABE !!!, it's her tank now she told me.....BIG LOL....I think my chick needs a few more tanks, what do you say boys ! ! ! ....LOL.

Still looking, all in going into QT's for a few weeks and then go very slow. I plan to release one or two into my...ooops, her display tank, and then add another to the QT.

Kevin

I am just concerned now about what I have heard about the powder blus tang being very hard to keep alive. I plan to QT the pair for about 6-8 weeks in a tank of their own and feed the heck out of the and keep fresh live alge in the tank for them to graze on when ever they like.

I think the key is QT, and help them get good and healthy before the intro to the display tank.

Any ideas?

Kevin

I'm afraid you will just be disappointed with the powder blues, but to each his own. The key with them is swimming room, of which there will be very little of in a quarentine tank, IMHO a 90 is no where near large enough for a powder blue, unless it is tiny. If you are having trouble keeping fish in general why go with one of the most difficult to keep? Don't forget about the toxic levels of ammonia that will be building up on a daily basis in the quarentine adding to the stress level of the powder blues. The key to keeping fish is: choosing ones that are known to do well and adapt to life in captivity, no ammonia, no nitrite, nitrates under 30, ph 8.0-8.3, right size tank for the right fish, compatible tank mates, acclimation, quarentine is great porperly. I would even go as far to say that where the fish came from and how they were caught also is going to play a huge roll of the fishes health in the long run. Even when everything is done properly and by the books some fish still don't adapt and thrive in captivity. To many variables and after all they are wild animals.