I hate coming home from vacation!

Nyles

Well finally did it, took a vacation, and it was long over due, went to Disneyland for 5 days, had a good time and did a lot of things I have been meaning to do for a long time, went to Monterey bay aquarium and will be back again next year for Laguna Seca MotoGP races for the third year. Anyways, got home and frag tank suffered about 95% loss, all SPS dead other than 1!!! I counted 50 SPS and stopped.... All my stuff from Jody and Josh recently, upscales, trades, colonies, like rose milli, tri color, purple bonsai, a couple upscales colonies. I did everything in my power to makes sure everything was cared for and I think... I Bumped the heater plug and disconnected it, not only that but I opened the windows anticipating a hot week in oregon, I came home to a 50 degree house.

I know Im not asking for a handout, but if anyone that I have traded with has any extra of what I traded I would be very great full, specifically Josh and the monti we traded and anyone else that can help, I lost all my green w/ purple tip monti, ans Im sure a ton of others, I just got home and really am trying not to absorb all of it just yet. I have done everything in my power to provide good homes for the corals I grow and this is just heartbreaking and really a first for loss for me over the years, I dont expect much as most of you have already went out of your way.

I think I'm going to just sit on the sidelines for a bit and think long and hard about my next course of action, Vanz I think the big tank will be tore down this next weekend it got beat up over the cold it was about 72 degrees when I got home, but everything looks ok so far. I still think Im going to tear it down and redo some things, I have not wanted to replace the tank but I may just redo the plumbing now that I have an empty frag tank (as soon as I clean it out) Seems like this year has really tested my patience with the systems, I need to sit down and really figure out how to get them more reliable, the thinking is my cat somehow unplugged the heater cord as it was running fine when I left... oh well. Anyhow I will figure it out in a few days. Anyhow, just thought I would share. Nothing more frustrating than looking high and low for frags and then after a year of digging they are all gone in one fatal swoop. Lovely. But somehow the efflo I got from Curtis survived.... go figure? Weird. I am planning on a new system when we move to a new place but at this point it could be a ways down the road, I need to make up my mind if I am staying in this small house or moving and if I stay I want to get a bigger tank thats more simplified.

Lost sunset monti, superman, green purple tip, white blue polyp, two colonies of purple acro, rose milli colony, crayola, tek hot pink milli, various tri color acros, some torts, aussie delicate, three types of pricillipora, green acros, yellow, blue millis, scripps, two birdsnest pink colonies, 5 various encrusting monties (orange, blue, greens) wild light blue torts, and im sure a lot of other weird acros.

The weird thing is only my SPS bit it, acans and zoas are fine and the single 1" sq frag of efflo looks like nothing happened.