Bleaching Maze Brain

Jay

Hello everyone:

I got a maze brain coral 2 weeks ago. It had a white bleached spot on top size of a 50 cent piece. Now its pretty much bleaching everywhere. Not totally white but is getting there. In your experiance is this caused by to much light (250 watt mogel 12k with 2 110 watt VHO actinic)?? I am think its to much light. The question is will it get enough light if I place under my plating Capricornus? It would pretty much be in the shade with light reflecting some from the white sand. What flow is preffered??

If I was to try to target feed it what would you use?? Myses/silverside slurry with some vitachem with the powerheads off for about 15-30 minuts is what I was thinking.

Please let me know your ideas as I want this guy to bounce back as he is a gorgous big coralDOH!

Jay

I'd definately shade it until it recovers. You want a medium flow over it, enough so that the feeders sway when they are out. Give it a few days there then try feeding it some mysis or small bits of silverside. Usually if you feed your fish first, the food in the water will cause it to extend its feeders. Then you can easily spot feed it when those are out.