Beautiful "Show" Blueface Angel needs new home

jadams7

I have a "Show size" (8") Blueface Angel that I no longer will have the ability to keep. I will be joining my 2 72 bowfront tanks together and I will be turning my focus more towards hard corals, and will not have the ability to keep him anymore. Truly a beautiful fish, fat, healthy, and eats like a horse. He has not fought with any of the fish I have had him with, but I have not had anything his size (8") in the tank, so I can not guarantee he would not fight with them. I have seen no signs of aggression towards any of my other fish (multiple tangs, damsels, a coral beauty, clowns, etc.). Anyways, he needs a new home. Here is a link to some info about the fish, and I have attached a picture that looks exactly like him (trying to catch a good picture with my camera skills does not happen).

link:

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/angelfish/bluefaceangelfish/

As you can see they charge $599 for a fish this size, when even available, other websites have them for around $200 for one slightly smaller, before shipping. I do not need anything near that $599 price, and would love to work out a trade of some sort. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and we can hopefully work something out. Don't be bashful about throwing an offer out there, gotta start somewhere!

post-1660-141867770482_thumb.jpg

Jase, assuming that you are writing about the angel that I sold you with my tank, as the former owner of this beauty, forgive me if I pipe up to say that you might not want to keep him (her?) with other similarly sized fish unless they are somewhat aggressive. This angel doesn't really fight with large fish, but is so territorial that it seems to have caused several bluejaw triggers and two large rabbitfish to die of stress-related issues. So if keeping it with large fish, I would keep it somewhat aggressive fish, not passive rabbitfish or bluejaw triggers. It doesn't bother smaller fish but has a thing for large fish.

I hope all my other former "babies" are doing well and that you are enjoying them!

Thanks for the input! Yea he has done great so far, along with the rest of them, and the largest fish he has been with is my 4-5" yellow tang and didnt seem to have a problem with him at all. How large were the triggers and foxface you had?

Any prospective buyers, take note to what she has said, this was her fish for the longest time, so I am sure she has had more experiences to go with him than I have. Thanks

I currently have him in with some zoanthids, and anemonies and have not noticed him picking on any of them. Prior to that he was in a full reef tank with many different mushrooms, zoas, anemonies, and other various softies. I have not seen him around hard corals. So as of right now, I would consider him reef safe, but I have heard that often a change of scenery will make them change habits.

Last chance, need him gone before Saturday!!!!! I am open to trades, cash etc etc...

Shoot me an offer, it cant hurt. I need 2 reflectors for halides, calcium reactor media, 4 new vho bulbs, some hard corals, colorful zoo colonies, and who knows what else!