Flow check up

Miniwhinny

Can someone help me with my flow..please?

I've been moving a few things around over the past few days trying to combine high flow, medium and low in the same tank. I'm just not sure if I have enough or too much. I'm trying to set up a nice environment for the first SPS and want to make sure I have the correct flow.

Here's what I have

1 x Aquaclear 110 HOB (converted into fuge) = Flow from can be 500 to 166gph. I have it set on 166gph.

2 x Aquaclear 50 ph's, one on each side pointing towards the back wall. 270gph. 540gpm total.

I also have a remora skimmer running off a MJ1200 but I don;t think that's putting out more than about 75 (from what I was once told)

I don't have the flow aimed at my SPS but it the polyps sure are moving around...is this okay?

Thanks for any help.

Oups..edited to add the most important thing (DUH) this is a 29 gallon tank.

I think its pretty safe to say that you can't have to much flow for sps's(within reason). Its fun to see how the same coral will take on different growth forms based off of flow. Pretty soon you will be addicted to the sps as they have this affect on, well, everyone who keeps them!!! Before you know it you'll be getting a bigger tank!!!! Good pic on your first coral too one of my favorite birdsnests!!!

Before you know it you'll be getting a bigger tank!!!! Good pic on your first coral too one of my favorite birdsnests!!!

Oh you have NO idea HAHAHAHA. We have a 6 foot high 4 foot wide cabinet in the kitchen that I've already been "eyeing" up to chop in half and add a custon acrylic. Poor hubby (naughty).

You can always use the corals are growing into each other and stinging/killing one another execuse for setting up a new tank:D God know we can't have that happening gotta keep everyone happy!

There's only one word for someone like you...

ENABLER

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA;)(whistle)