Custom Aquarium Stands

Hello my name is Stephen. I run a small fabrication business in Vancouver, WA. I'm looking to try a new venture. Building fish tank stands and maybe down the line custom stand/tank kits. I have my own fish and have built my own stands in the past and have always gotten good feedback. My current design allows the use of 1/8" panels of varying materials with inlaid magnets to stick to the stand creating a modern design with ease of use and full customizability. All stands are designed in a way that you could run 2 tanks of the same size and have no covers. Additional mounting points in the rear for whatever your heart desires. Ideas from me could be cable management, plant trellis, custom brackets for canopy/lights. The choices are real. Outside of my designs I can build any size/shape. I would love to hear some feedback. I've included pictures and a link to my website. Thanks.

https://www.vulturemetalworks.com/

tank1.jpeg

tank3.jpeg

tank5.jpeg

tank6.jpeg

Edited by VultureMW
link stopped working
  • Like 3

Figured I should also share my own personal tanks. I enjoy keeping smaller fish like tetras, ottos, bettas, and snails. I built the canopy to house a cheap 30"ish LED grow light up top. The emersed plants seem to really thrive under it and everything inside the tank seems to be doing fine even with cover of floating plants. For filtration Im running simple sponge filters and nano air pumps. The stand is left raw with a clear coat and finished with birch plywood panels. I personally like the more unfinished/ industrial look.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9d2d1add1dff37e0ec7a14fc144f4a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c052d48651cc99e14a454ac6cab323f7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.47075422c3025d49a390bc4970121d7d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6aae3b81dea5354c400e627ddd3a175b.jpeg

This double stack stand would be a great concept for people setting up quarantine systems in a compact footprint.  You might want to set up a couple of tanks based on a simple QT equipment format and get some photos for your site -  cheap lights, a couple 10 or 20g tanks, small HOB filter and heater, and some pvc is all it would take.

Looks awesome!

23 hours ago, Krux said:

This double stack stand would be a great concept for people setting up quarantine systems in a compact footprint.  You might want to set up a couple of tanks based on a simple QT equipment format and get some photos for your site -  cheap lights, a couple 10 or 20g tanks, small HOB filter and heater, and some pvc is all it would take.

Looks awesome!

Thanks for the feedback. Ya that's essentially what I was going for. I don't personally have a lot of floor space for tanks in my home. That's where the idea came from.