Practicing with new camera

Abarger16

38 minutes ago, Kerbash said:

Wow! that is amazing, what camera is it? U make me want to get a camera lol. The resolution is higher than real life...

Its a Canon EOS R7 with a RF 24-70MM f/2.8 L IS USM lens and a uv filter on the lens it took along time to get those photos the sixline nearly made me give up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krux said:

I have lens envy.  

Me too its not actually my lens its my father in laws least favorite so I get to use it often the only lens I have is the 

Canon Rf 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM and I freaking love it 

Though I have to say the 24-70 is growing on me alot.

How long have you had the R7?  I am still using a T6 and have been eyeballing the idea of going mirrorless, but needing to either buy new lenses or run an adapter has kept me from being serious about it.  I have a couple of prime macro lenses as well as a chonker 180mm zoom lens for wildlife photography that I spent too much money on that are EF mounts.

Do you like the camera?  Did you upgrade from a traditional camera, and if so, any thoughts on the changeover?

The main reason I want to upgrade is to get a bluetooth or wifi integrated model as I am lazy - I could get an eye-fi card but my understanding is they transfer really slow on larger images and I prefer to shoot RAW and then play around in Lightroom.

Also, I have a cool Neewar horizontal tripod that is fun for top down shots - not sure if you have something similar but might be worth looking into something like that if you don't.  Works really well with an Avast Porthole.

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

Ive had the R7 for about a month its actually a handme downfrom my father in law when he went to the R5 I also used to have a t6 rebel 1300d dslr

The first major difference on the mirrorless camera is what you see is the picture you are going to get which really helps speed up the process of dialing in for wildlife. There are alot more options I mean alot more than the T6. As for using adapters for example my Father in law used this R7 with his Canon EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM ii and still hasnt found a lens that he likes more, hes now on the R5 

Note: we have a tamron 150-600mm ef lens that will not work with an adapter on the R7 or the R5.

The image quality increase from the T6 to the R7 is insane on its own. Even with the ef18-55mm that comes with the T6 rebel the R7 blows it away with the same lens. 

They multishot function on the R7 is way faster and takes more photos than the rebel.  Its so much better its crazy in my opinion its a no brainier to switch to mirrorless I was looking at the EOS R before my father in law gave us the R7. 

The R7 makes it really hard to go back to any other form of camera for myself.

• Thanks 1