Eat, you stupid goby...

aqua-ed

I have a orange spotted prawn goby, I have had him for about 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any experience getting them to eat? I had a diamond goby once (I thought that's what he was, thats why I got him) and he would come out and eat from my hand. This guy though will only make occasional grabs. I've tried diced shrimp, pellets, and brine shrimp all to little avail. At most he'll eat a pellet or brine shrimp or two, but the rest will blow past his face. I hate to see him starve, but I also hate to boost my nitrates because he won't eat. The current past his hole is pretty strong, so small stuff doesn't stick around.

Any advice?

I have a orange spotted prawn goby, I have had him for about 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any experience getting them to eat? I had a diamond goby once (I thought that's what he was, thats why I got him) and he would come out and eat from my hand. This guy though will only make occasional grabs. I've tried diced shrimp, pellets, and brine shrimp all to little avail. At most he'll eat a pellet or brine shrimp or two, but the rest will blow past his face. I hate to see him starve, but I also hate to boost my nitrates because he won't eat. The current past his hole is pretty strong, so small stuff doesn't stick around.

Any advice?

You might try fozen Cyclo-peeze or even the wafers, got my clown gobies to eat.

Or live brine.

John

• 2 months later...

also they sell this garlic stuff that you soak the food in and it makes them like it more and it boosts their immunity...it really worked for my fish now when I feed its like a frenzy...you just have to figure out how much they like and trial and error is the only way with that.