Whats in your sump?

spectra

Well took down my sons 29 today and pulled everything out of the tank and scooped all the sand into a bucket. Sucked all the water out of the tank and sump and left it for a while to watch football (go GREEN BAY!) Well after about 3 hours of things sitting there pulled the stand and sump out side and showed it to Nanoreefer who got a few fish today. Decided to clean it all out and was getting ready to hose it out and noticed a clump in all the crap that was sitting in there. Well about 3 months ago a twin spot goby disapeared and figured the CUC got it. Well not true the poor thing was still alive and breathing so rushed it upstairs and just tossed it in my sone nano and watched. It did not look good as it went around the tank with the current but it was still breathing then it took off. So far so good will do a feading here in a few and see what happens.

When I tore down my 65g to move to Portland I found a lawn mower blenny, a six line wrasse, a yashi goby, and a thorny oyster. I never had seen the oyster and hadn't seen the other fish in over 6 months, the yashi had been well over a year. Redesinged the overflow box when I reset up the tank. There was so much macro I jsut never saw them. Now I clean my sump/refugium walls like I clean the tank. No missing fish though

This one does not clean much sand. The diamond goby that did not go in the nano cleanded sand like no tom. He is now in my 90 making a big cloud(laugh) This one just made a small little burrow and hid most of the time. Need to find a nice little pistol shrimp for him now.

And if you saw the bottom of the sump when I pulled it out(puke) Thing was grose. I am just glad it survived.

Ok so was looking around and its a randals goby here is a link. http://www.marinedepotlive.com/orange-stripe-prawn-goby---amblyeleotris-randalli-fish--gobies.html How I got twein spot out of that who knowsDOH! My son has been calling it that since we picked it up at the lfs.

And here is a pic of the antenna goby http://www.marinedepotlive.com/hi-fin-red-banded-goby---stonogobiops-xanthorhinica-fish--gobies.html