Aqua C Remora

Ronjunior

Sorry Ron, I have been useing AquaC skimmers since day 1 and have been pleased but only the remora and remora pro skimmers. Its supposed to be a great skimmer. but thats just what Ive heard. I have been thinking I need to get a different skimmer also. I am looking at the becket skimmers.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if we are talking about the remora or the EC from Aqua-C, but heres my opinion.

I had a Remora and it barely did anything other than move some water around. Would fill the cup every two weeks or so. I tried upgrading the pump to a Rio 2100 (692 gph vs. 295 for the MJ). It was a bit better, but still not skimming well.

I then scrapped it and hooked up a PM Bullet 2. Man that thing rocks. Fills my ext. waste collector every day or two. I have a 10" puffer, a blue hippo and two damsals. It pulls out dark coffee/tea colored skimmate.

Before getting the beckett, I was starting to grow a HA farm, and in the few months since, with little else changed, the HA has begun to recede ALOT.

In short, I am scared off of Aqua-C and would recommend a beckett to anyone. Becketts are not plug and play, but once dialed in they are awesome.

I ended up with the Aqua C 180 and installed a few weeks ago. It's not producing as much skimmate as I thought it would, but then again, it came with a Mag 5 and a Mag 7 is recommended. Putting out better skim than my old airstone skimmer though. It could be concidence, but the LPS seems to be happier since the upgrade.