Unique overflowing 40 breeder tank..cool design...ready to go!

Guest Mbeef61

Guest Mbeef61

i have decided to sell my clam tank i just setup...it is a very unique design...i got the idea from rocky mountain reefs and aquaria, a store i visited in boise. it looks like a melting ice cube and gives an awesome topview tank ive always wanted....but a new roommate is here and i dont want to have it in my room anymore.

it is a normal AGA 40 gallon breeder tank. i took the top moulding off and added a glass centerbrace about 1/2 or so below top of aquarium as to not impede water overflowing(it may have worked without it but being a renter i felt obligated to keep the tanks contents off the floor lol).

how it works...

water is pumped from 29 gallon sump using a RIO 26hf pump(1500gph)(water is slightly throttled down to acheive even overflowing effect) up to the main 40 breeder where it overflows back down over the main viewing panel. the tank is set inside a homemade trough system where it flows around to the back of the trough and then down through bulkheads to sump (pics will help clear and confusion its hard to explain)

what comes with it...(everythings black but light is silver)

modified 40 breeder tank (2 months old)

29 gallon sump (2 months old not modified at all)

stand and trough system - trough made from painted wood with nontoxic pond liner where water is (stuff is spendy!)

faux sandbed (like h20cooled) with glazecoat resin and sand. fits inside 40 breeder and is removeable. (also spendy little bugger)

RIO 26hf submersible pump (1500gph)

Helios fixture 4x36watt (2daylight 2 actinic) everything used 2 months.

questions? just ask...there are no leaks and no salt creep accumulation...also very quiet...i have more pics if interested.

asking 400 for everything...possible trades for calcium reactor...250 halides....or RARE sps or clams

i plan on keeping all livestock except large orange based conde anemone. make an offer its a nice one

thanks!

post-64-141867767938_thumb.jpg

post-64-141867767941_thumb.jpg

post-64-141867767947_thumb.jpg

post-64-141867767952_thumb.jpg

post-64-141867767955_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...