Rhizotrochus typus for sale

impur

As much as it pains me, i'm going to sell my Rhizo typus. I don't have the time to feed it with football and vacations coming up. It has done well in my tank. I feed it a piece of krill every 2-3 days. This is a non-photosynthetic coral so it requires feedings, flow should be medium/light, and lighting does not seem to matter.

Roe's Marineworld is the only site i've seen sell these, and that is where i got this one by winning a giveaway they had. They are sold at Roe's from $300 to $600, they have one now for $599.

Looking to get $200+shipping for this extremely rare and beautiful coral.

100_0490.jpg

100_0489.jpg

4-26-07161.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0452.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about this Randy. Had some low pH issues that are finally resolved and was slightly worried about the Rhizo. Its back to looking good again, i'm feeding it every other day and it has really responded well.

What do you have in mind for trade? It will have to wait till the end of the month, i'm off to hawaii next week. But i think we could work something out.

• 3 months later...

aww mannn if you change your mind let me know. I'm extremely interested. I've been wanting one of these for so long.

I registered w/ this site just to contact you so I probably wont check back much but if you could email me at nicksarno@brownschicken.com if you decide to sell I will DEFINITELY BUY IT!!!

Or trade for it.. or give money/coral.. let me know.

This is all I could find on their reproduction..................

Flabellids are exclusively solitary in growth form -- never forming colonies -- but certain genera reproduce asexually by transverse division (Cairns, 1989b) and budding from the thecal edge. The corallum of many flabellids is fan-shaped, as implied by the root of its name (flabellum, Latin for a small fan), having a calice elliptical in cross section. There are as many attached as free living forms, the former sometimes attached by contiguous or noncontiguous, hollow rootlets. The coralla of those genera characterized by transverse division usually bear several pairs of thecal edge spines that do not reach the substrate. Some genera are hosts for the galls of ascothoracidan Crustacea (Grygier and Zibrowius, 1985), and one genus, Javania, is the host of the burrows of acrothoracican cirripeds (Cairns and Zibrowius, 1997).

any updated pics?

I'll get some tonight. I doubt it will be fully extended, i just fed it a large piece of krill last night. It usually doesn't extend fully until its hungry. But I'll add some food to the tank cuz that helps.

Thanks for the info defigart!!!!