WTB Chiller!

You might also want to consider a portable A/C unit (about the Same price) Except the A/C benefits you & the tank, not just the Tank. My condo was getting pretty hot Friday night 85F :cussing:

Bought a 12k BTU unit, after a few hours running everything in the living room was cooled down and the Tank is back to being steady at 78F! I had pondered a Chiller myself but realized I was sick of laying around in my boxers sweating with the fish.

Also a simple fan works well. I have a small computer fan on top of the tank in my garage. Garage is 85 plus but tank is holding steady at 77 to 78 with the fan.

Currently have a fan on top right now, after coming home to it at 84 the other night and freaked out.  Happily sitting at 78 now, although I am worried about what happens when it gets 100 plus this summer.  Looks like it might be a hot one, and I will be out of town for 5 months will an inexperienced tank sitter.

You might also want to consider a portable A/C unit (about the Same price) Except the A/C benefits you & the tank, not just the Tank. My condo was getting pretty hot Friday night 85F :cussing:

Bought a 12k BTU unit, after a few hours running everything in the living room was cooled down and the Tank is back to being steady at 78F! I had pondered a Chiller myself but realized I was sick of laying around in my boxers sweating with the fish.

Any idea what the electricity cost of this idea would be, I know electricity is cheap up here, but figured cooling a tank is much less energy intense that cooling an entire apartment.

Anyone else please weigh in! :)

My theory on a chiller is they are great but need to be plumbed away from the aquarium. As in outside the room as in a crawl space or attic space. If in the same room you are just now heating the room with the hot air the chiller is putting off....kind of defeats the purpose.

I think the room AC unit might be your best bet if you are in an apartment.