Diamondhead Gobby

wmcbane200

I was talking to somebody today who said a Diamond Head Gobby or Pink Spot might work well in my tank. My only concern is my sand is very fine and I don't want it to cloud it up. I do have a mushroom coral in the sand but other then that the sand bed is clear atm. My question is would I be safe getting one? I think there pretty cool and would love something to help keep the sand bed clean. What's ya'll opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Diamond Goby will make a 'house' under a rock and will make one big pile of sand.

A Goldenhead Sleeper Goby will make a house but usually sprinkles sand all over.

I've had both and prefer the Sleeper. My diamond buried 10X more frags and stuff lower on the rocks than my Sleeper. Most of the corals can shed a little sand no problem. Neither are perfect and can be a pain, but both do keep sand clean. Just my experience... 

I had a pink spot goby for about 3 years before it decided it did not like other fish and started killing them. I had to take the tank apart to catch him after he caught and killed a Kole tang. It was the third fish he had killed that week. 

They can get fairly large over time and do get territorial IME.

The dropping sand everywhere was not to much of an issue for me though.

JME