Picture of my new Tunze 9005 skimmer

H20cooled

I just got this skimmer tonight for my 30g softy tank, I would have built my own but I have a really hard time making things small. So, after a bunch of reading I decided to get one of the Tunze skimmers. So, far I'm very impressed with the quality and the very small footprint (4.4" x 4.4"). It fit in my small 10g tank sump with no problem. As for noise after about an hour of running it is now dead quiet. Its still getting going so there isn't really any waste yet but from what I'm seeing it should do very good.

So, here are a couple of pictures of the unit.

Tunzeskimmer001.jpg

Tunzeskimmer002.jpg

Tunzeskimmer006.jpg

Tunzeskimmer008.jpg

Rich

Well its been running now for around 32 hours and I'm very happy with the junk that its pulling out. Also the skimmer has become dead silent, it would be perfect for a setup in your bedroom or somewhere that you didn't want to hear anything...

Here are some pic from this morning...

Tunzeskimmer014.jpg

Tunzeskimmer012.jpg

Rich

I took a look at the manual for the Comline skimmers and I was wrong they are not needlewheel pumps. They are a type of venturi but not like a normal venturi. They use a special system called a hydrofoamer, so I don't think you could compare it to a normal venturi/needle skimmer...

So, far I'm very impressed with the skimmer its pulling a lot of junk out...

Rich