Re-seal a 29 Biocube

Airborne82

Is the Biocube in Use right now? If not where is the silicone coming up at? The false wall, or the top or bottom rims?

One thing to consider is just getting another off of craigslist or elsewhere as it might just be cheaper than the labor and costs associated with the fix.

It's along both sides and the bottom of the false wall.  It is not in use right now, just been sitting for awhile and thought I would try and spruce it up.  I was running white vinegar and water just to get some gunk out and noticed the silicone peeling.  I was thinking about yarding out the whole false wall to check everything but that thing is in there pretty good.

Ok then well in that case its all about what your time is worth :)  If you are just having problems with the sides and bottom of the False wall that's an easy fix as your not trying to prevent a leak, your simply trying to keep the water in the front separated from the back. If you choose to fix it I would get a razor blade and use care when peeling off loose silicone, cut the silicone in places where it no longer easily comes up leaving behind the firmly affixed silicone and only getting off the stuff that's coming up anyways. when done just get some black silicone and go over the portions needed. I would use Google search for youtube videos showing good techniques on ensuring it doesn't get everywhere and you should be good to go. this might also be a perfect time for removing the lid and top rim for the rimless look if desired ;)

I forgot to mention the tip :doh:  I used to get that silicone in a tube but found that to be way to messy and hard to keep in place and looking nice, the last time I installed baffles in a home made sump I found using a caulk gun to be far more efficient and easier to control. The job came out looking a lot better. I was thinking that when I replied not sure how I forgot to add that...