Organization?!

Mitrillion

Pretty much. I use a DJ Powerstrip so I can turn each thing off independently still, but the cords are all ziptied to make it easier. I also mounted some to a small metro shelf shelf for easy moving.

HTH

hth? And does that power strip have a timer? Gfi protected?!

hth? And does that power strip have a timer? Gfi protected?!

You can plug your power strip into a GFCI. Best to plug the light timer into the power strip. Power strips with built-in timers have been known to be a safety hazard.  I read about a Coralife Aqualight Power Center Timer power cord starting a fire.

I'm am dead serious about this. Before i started using a GFCI with my first reef tank in 1986, I had some salt spray build up on and extension cord and catch the wood aquarium stand on fire and began moving toward the wall behind the tank.  My wife and 3 yr. old daughter were just getting ready to leave the house when it happened. If it happened another 2 minutes later, it would have caught the house on fire.  Fortunately, the firemen were able to carry the complete 20 tank and sump across the room and there were no losses. The landlord didn't even find out! You need to take this seriously Mitchell. It's a great hobby but can end badly if you do not take safety precautions.

• Like 2

I'm am dead serious about this. Before i started using a GFCI with my first reef tank in 1986, I had some salt spray build up on and extension cord and catch the wood aquarium stand on fire and began moving toward the wall behind the tank. My wife and 3 yr. old daughter were just getting ready to leave the house when it happened. If it happened another 2 minutes later, it would have caught the house on fire. Fortunately, the firemen were able to carry the complete 20 tank and sump across the room and there were no losses. The landlord didn't even find out! You need to take this seriously Mitchell. It's a great hobby but can end badly if you do not take safety precautions.

i didn't mean anything by it! Wasn't intended to be rude or anything, I am going to get a gfi!:)

Here is a 30 gal I'm building. I've used quite a bit of velcro to attach controllers for the MP-10, skinner, etc because they dont have any kind of mounting. I also used a length of panduit wire channel as Bombertech suggested. Also a few zip ties, they're cheap and easy.

16512235508_518f937e5e_c.jpg20150302_172353

16673889016_09809f5a1f_c.jpg20150302_172417

How is the humidity inside the stand? Do you have a fan inside? I took all my electronics out of the stand now and created a box on the side to store them because of corrosion. 

At this point there is still no tank and no sump. There is a large round hole in the back of the stand. A box fan is not out of the question. I simple humidity switch could be attached to the reef keeper to activate the fan. Hmmmmmmm.