Drain Question

spectra

Well got the tank wet and am wondering what everybody does for the sump drain. I am running a 1 1/2 overflow drain and when it hits the sump it is noisy from the bubbles and flow. What can you do to tone the noise down? I want this thing almost silent. The Tarpon pump is killer this thing is so silent. My 7 yr old was mad because his 29 makes more noise(laugh)

I have a Durso on there. The problem is in the sump where the water exits the pipe and into the sock. I was just wondering if there was a way to make that part silent. Do most people have the exit under water or above?

post-523-141867736311_thumb.jpg

As long as the pipe exits below the water line in your sump you should have almost no problem. Make sure it exits below the water line into a filter sock and you should have a silent return back to the sump. Flexi hose might help if your want to add a few more inches for the hose to exit into the sump and sock.

Good Luck,

Garrett

How much water does the tarpon pump' date=' pump? You dont need allot of water going through the sump! Its like a water fall, the more water going over the louder it's gona be. Id say use a mag 5 for a return pump and use the tarpon as a closed loop.[/quote']

It pumps about 1200 gph I think. And right now the pump is running at about 80% I have the return closed just a little. I do not want to do a CLS. I like this set up due to the fact you can push it right up against the wall and that is it. I do not want to see PVC and everything else behind this thing. I know I could come up through the bottom but do not want to do that. I am probably just being anal(nutty) but that is the way I am when it comes to things like this. I know it is not really loud but am just trying to make it as quiet as possible. If I ca nget rid of ht egurgle that would be great.