Hello

Jnesbitt

I think any of those would be great. The only thing I know I stress in my class is repeated trials so setting things up so that you have three setups or more of each condition (may-be dividing the tanks some how). I don't think all investigations need to be sexy they just have to follow the scientific method.

When I walk into your classroom with 27 10g tanks remember you said that.(nutty)

My plan as we go was to have the repetition done by multiple schools and then posted/shared on this site, or another special tft site so the experiments could be changing and also they could see what other kids were able to do or not do in their experiments. I was just worried having them do the same experiment and growing algae for 4 months would not stimulate as much curiosity as say doing 8 different experiments in that time frame.

Most schools do not want to go beyond 20-40g of water.

Also most schools are more geared towards a pretty tank for something and not as a learning tool, so getting the learning part out there has been a bit more of a challenge. We're still looking for guinea pigs.