popeye problam

jtscheu

so i have two saddlback clowns one got popeye a week after getting them from a store i sell to and it will not go away i have used melifix arethramyisen and garlic and it wont go away should i just let it go and put him back in there tank because im at a point where i feel like i cant save his eye and also i have gotten 5 snowflakes from the same person and they all have died from swimming in one spot bleeching out then get so skinny and just go belly up i wont be getting fish from this person ever again so that solves that issue but id like to save my saddlebacks any tips would be awsome thanks.

JC Clownfish

What dosing procedure did you use with the antibiotics? How much, how long, what tank volume? Also what was the tank temperature? Have you ever tried using other meds like say a triple sulpha with neomycin?

Have you ever tried using Diamox for popeye? I know it works with syngnathids and puffers. Never tried it with a clown myself.

Part of the thing that really sucks when you breed fish is when you sell them to places or people that don't take the best care of them.

What dosing procedure did you use with the antibiotics? How much, how long, what tank volume? Also what was the tank temperature? Have you ever tried using other meds like say a triple sulpha with neomycin?

Have you ever tried using Diamox for popeye? I know it works with syngnathids and puffers. Never tried it with a clown myself.

Part of the thing that really sucks when you breed fish is when you sell them to places or people that don't take the best care of them.

Both saddles have it? One eye or both eyes? Popeye itself isnt the problem but represents an underlying issue. Could be physical damage. Bacterial or even viral.

What are your water parameters? Might be tough to know the water quality they came from. May clear up in time under good water params. May need antibiotic, or nothing may work (viral). I also agree, we need to know how long you treated etc.

Garlic and melafix really dont do much in this case. Heard a few good things about maracyn products

+1 Garlic and melafix really dont do much in this case. As said before it can be 1 of 3 issues you can only treat one of them other than providing a happy satble environment. The one you can treat would have to know full details. but would hazard a guess that it is damage just by what your saying on the condition of the fish when you got them. now that damage may have gotten infected and could be treated by an anti-biotic but would say that you need to use sopmething stronger.

could you post a pic on the inflicted fish and what treatments you have done so far and full water parms. would help with stetting up a treatment plan.

GL

ya ill try to get a pic if i can and the water is salinity is .23 temp is 79 80 and i change water once a week so all the rest is in the safe zone he jumped out of his tank landed in the clarki spawning tank a while ago and they beat him up pretty good and after that this popeye has been an off and on thing he eats very well and still dances for the other it doesnt seem to bother him much so i was just going to let him be and see what happens he is in a 15gal tall at the moment and is getting a 20 gal long as soon as i can afford to get all my new tanks up and running could be 3 to 6 monthes before i move him

i've had good luck with a freshwater dip and melafix for a week. usually kicks it pretty fast. most of the time i typically see it in fish that have been in copper for a bit and get some kind of bacterial infection from the transition of tanks. i've also seen it happen from flat worm irritation.