THE "AQUA MAG" MY LEFT FOOT

Harold B

Well unbenounced to me others who ordered the "AQUAMAG(s)" when I did, I believe it was a group buy, were having the same crumbling issues I was. In my case I had both of the Large $25 ones break out in diatoms then completely cover themselves in hair algae even though there wasn't a single piece of algae anywhere else in my tank at the time. Eventually it all died off (cured) coraline took over and they "looked" ok. I mounted coral on each of the two and never moved them much, but when ever I did for cleaning reasons or whatever i'd be left with a chunk that would break off usually from the side or bottom. At first I thought well some may be expected, this is my first time using this product. It has continued as explained until today when I walk in the door and one had split in two or three cracks from end to end releasing one magnet, making a mess in an area I nearly have to put swim trunks on to get to not to mention the BREAKING OF CORAL (flame) So i search through the old threads to figure out the name of the thing and low and behold others were having the same issue. I don't know how that one slipped by me but then I read a paragraph in red from JIM at AQUAMAGS explaining they had a "bad batch". QUESTION: 1) Were any of the other buyers compensated for the issue? 2) What was done, did you recieve a replacement or a refund? 3) Did you have the same issues with the replacement if you indeed recieved one/two/three ect. I took a couple quick cell phone pics and e-mailed JIM and included his own statement about the "badbatch" I hope somthing fair comes of this. I was all about supporting a fellow reefer with a good idea. I yearn to find out what the end result was for others that this happened to who tried to rectify the problem. (threaten) Thanks Harold B.

Good luck with that, I think they will replace them .. read something about it (or a similar issue with mag frag plugs) on RC but no too sure if it was that brand or not. has been awhile (want to say like a month ish again not sure ) might try doing a search on RC. Sorry not much help.