Brittle Star, not so micro...

rollermonkey

So, I bought a brittle star from ReefCleaners.org when I was getting some other things, thinking it was supposed to be a micro brittle star.

It is roughly ten inches from leg tip to leg tip with a central disc about 1.5 inches across.

I'm worried that my 5 month old 29G BioCube is going to be an eventual death sentence if it can't get enough food.

Any opinions?

Ok' date=' I feed quite randomly (on purpose) but I can add quantity and try to target food to it's cave/arms.[/quote']

I wouldn't feed the whole tank more. The star probably wouldn't get much of the extra food and it could cause nutrient issues. Try to target feed the star. Even if it's hiding, once you add food near it it should come out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What do you recommend? I have: Rod's Food original' date=' Frozen cyclopeeze and mysis, Hikari marine S pellets, Instant Ocean brine in gel, and ReefCleaners.org's filter food on hand.[/quote']

All of those are kind of small foods. Even though the star will eat them, it may be hard to get the food to the star. You could go to the grocery store and buy a couple raw table shrimp. Cut them into a few chunks and place a chunk next to the star and just freeze the rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...