Rhizotrochus Typus

impur

This is the Rhizo i won from Roe's. Its doing really good, it LOVES to be fed. Eats anything. The tentacles get about 6" after it eats. I'd like to try and find a few of the other colors out there.

This photo was taken by Nyles

4-26-07161.jpg

These were by me :D

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

• 10 months later...

Wow have never seen anything like that. The only information I could find is that it is really really expensive and that it can eat fish. not much out there on Rhizotrochus typus. I have a hard time with the $500 plus price tag, given that it looks so similar to a condy. Maybe you can give me some insight.

It really hasn't grown much. When i was having my tank problems it recessed a little, but as you can see its completely filled out now. It really expands at night.

mrgreenthumb - I didn't know anything about them either. Then i ordered some duncans from Roe's Marine world and it entered me in a drawing, which is won!!!! I never win anything! It is non-photosyntheic coral. I feed it silversides and krill plus it gets whatever is floating by. I hand feed it about twice a week. It has very sticky tentacles that do sting nearby corals. At night the tentacles extend about 8 inches.