overflow help

g81

i just got a new used tank. and its drilled for a overflow. on the bottom left corner. it has no pvc other than a bulk head.

do i just run a pvc pipe up and thats it? so the water level flows into the top? or am i missing something

I would cut a piece of acrylic, put some teeth at the top and silicone it across the corner. You could just use a stand pipe with a durso and a filter but it will attract stuff and need to be cleaned often, would look nicer if you didn't see the drain pipe.

I would cut a piece of acrylic' date=' put some teeth at the top and silicone it across the corner. You could just use a stand pipe with a durso and a filter but it will attract stuff and need to be cleaned often, would look nicer if you didn't see the drain pipe.[/quote']

Sorry it does have the corner part already balck to match the black background. i just dont know how to build the pvc part

i see some like this http://www.rl180reef.com/180/pages/standpipe/

and some that zig back up and down a couple times. im just kinda confused on what to do? is there a diagram or parts list for something like this?

its only drilled for overflow. not return

Returns you can do over the top, that link is the durso, pretty simple, as you can see in the picture the pipe size is larger than the bulkhead, like 3/4 to 1". you need a T, a 90 (forget what it's called, has a female on one end and male on the other) and a cap then just follow the picture. Look at the height and try a few different heights before you glue or don't glue at all