Sump help

peligro

Ok so I'm going to add A sump to.my jbj 28 gal. The return pump is going directly to the powerhead in the tank which will be split by loc-line into 4 nozzles for more spread flow. Ne ways this is what I've got planned so far for the sump

32891112-5d88-448d.jpg

This is the side of the tank

32891112-5da9-1f27.jpg

This is the 4x4x10 media section.

32891112-5dd8-ecb6.jpg

This is the layout from the top of the tank.

Opinions or adjustments you'd make helps. I'm worried about micro bubbles getting to my return. Help in that area to?

HTC EVO

I would definitely not bother with the 'under' baffle for the fuge, and put an extra baffle before the return (who cares if there's bubbles in the fuge or certainly in the skimmer, you only need the baffles before the return). there's a lot of wisdom coming out lately that if the flow is low enough and the distance long enough, bubbles will rise on their own and you don't even need baffles.

I think I'm with beardedsmurf on the return/powerhead thing, though I'm not clear on what you even mean about the return going into the powerhead...usually you just send the return's outlet into the main display area...

You would be right garret. I ment the loc-line. I'm going to split the two already in the tank into 4 so that I have a bit more control with the flow, And to eliminate the powerheads in the tank now. But this is where it gets confusing for me. I'm looking for about 35 times the flow rate with in the tank itself. So if you guys have seen a jbj cube with stand, and The sump being in the bottom portion of the stand, which will have to modified(stand). What size pump should I look into. Should I have one or two over flows which will be drilled into the back sump portion of the Jbj 28 gal tank

HTC EVO

I think a 5 would be good if you want to get away from circ pumps and if it's to much it wouldn't be a big deal to valve down, too much is better than not enough if you have the means to deal with the extra flow imo.

Sent from my Glacier using Tapatalk 2