Lumen Max 2 vs Lumen Bright 3.

Hog Head

I have a pair of Lumen Max 2 pendants that will be used for my 150g 48"Lx24"Wx30"H. They have an approx reflector dimension of 11.5x11.5. The Lumen Bright 3's are 19"x19". Will the LM 2's get the job done or will the Lumen Bright 3's do it better? I will be using Radiums and only want to use T-5's for Dawn/Dusk. The tank will be, for the most part, a softy tank. Speaking of the Radiums, with a 30" depth will 250w bulbs be good enough or would 400's be better? I will have about a 4" sand bed to support a carpet nem.

I have never seen a better reflector than the lumen brights. They are amazing at throwing the light straight down. I had my lumen bright small pendant about 18" from the water over my 24" cube and still got over 200 PAR on the sand. IMO they are THE best out there.

I just took the pendant down, but if you want to come over and check it out I can fire it up for you.

I would do 400s but thats just me. Lumen brights are great fixtures. Maybe look into the lumen bright mini since they can punch deeper tanks.

The mini can punch deeper than the full size? Is it designed to focus more light downward instead of spreading it out?

I personally think that the Lumenmax Elite would be the way to go. I use them almost exclusively now at the new shop and have been very pleased. The Lumenmax 2 is is a great choice as well but for a 24" wide tank I would go with the Elite.

Thanks Garrett. I haven't looked at the Elites yet.

I have never seen a better reflector than the lumen brights. They are amazing at throwing the light straight down. I had my lumen bright small pendant about 18" from the water over my 24" cube and still got over 200 PAR on the sand. IMO they are THE best out there.

I just took the pendant down, but if you want to come over and check it out I can fire it up for you.

Thanks Miles, I like the idea of the light being higher. It seems like it would heat the water less. I will get ahold of you before I buy.

I would do 400s but thats just me. Lumen brights are great fixtures. Maybe look into the lumen bright mini since they can punch deeper tanks.

The mini can punch deeper than the full size? Is it designed to focus more light downward instead of spreading it out?

I personally think that the Lumenmax Elite would be the way to go. I use them almost exclusively now at the new shop and have been very pleased. The Lumenmax 2 is is a great choice as well but for a 24" wide tank I would go with the Elite.

Thanks Garrett. I haven't looked at the Elites yet.

Thanks Miles, I like the idea of the light being higher. It seems like it would heat the water less. I will get ahold of you before I buy.

I've got a couple brand new lumen Max 2s still in the box. If you're interested in getting a third one for better light coverage let me know. I can give you a great deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, but the tank is 48".