NEED HELP

ZachS

Does anyone have a router or a way to smooth out the top of my acryllic tank? It's a truvu 55 cut down and I'm wanting to make the top nice and even any help would be great and I'll try and find a way to make it worth your time. PM me and I'll let everyone know when it's fixed. tanks dims are 48x13x12 would like to maybe tanke the height down a smidge to make even.(plotting)

You might need to find someone with a router table with a large work surface. The tank will flex from the weight of a router, and a small router table won't do either (same issue). A large table saw might work, but you would need an appropriate blade.

I use a 88 tooth 0 kerf blade on a table saw. AS long as you dont force the work and have the blade set to the right depth it will cut extremely smooth. The other option (since those blades that arn't p.o.s. are a bit spendy) is to use the blade you have and polish the cut with a heat gun or brazing torch. very easy to do without bubble since the edge will smooth way before the acrylic melts. Could also try a glass shop.

Archived