My Really Bad Experience with Davy Jones Locker

MedRed

I haven't been around in awhile. I moved to California in 2010, so I've shacked up with the clubs down here. I never told anyone my really bad experience with Davy Jones locker. I guess it doesn't matter now, as I'm not sure if they even still exist.

I used to do all of my business with DJL. I bought practically everything from them, and they would special order things for me. When the store ended up being just Dave, I still made them my primary store. In December of 2009 I had very short notice that I would need to move to California. I didn't have time to sell of all of the stuff from my tanks (I had 9 FW and SW tanks). So I had to scramble to make arrangements. Dave agreed to buy everything from my tank (Live Rock, Fish, Corals, Inverts) for $500 with the possibility of more if things sold for more. If you remember my build thread, I had a lot of nice ORA pieces, dendros, ricordeas, ORA clowns, etc. $500 was under valued by a lot, but I didn't have many options.

The catch was that he would send me a check for the +$500 in 2 months time after I moved. The move came and went and 2 months later I tried to contact Dave. Calls and emails went unanswered. I called Doug and told him that I was going to post on the board about it if Dave wasn't willing to contact me. I guess Doug was able to get in contact with Dave as I finally received a call from Dave. He told me he'd fallen on hard times, but promised to pay me. He asked if I'd accept installments starting with the following week. I said ok.

Needless to say it's been 2 years since I moved and I've never seen a penny. It's really sad with how much money I spent with Dave and to be taken advantage of. I was one of his best customers and ended up being lied to and having my stuff stolen from me. I thought I'd finally get this off of my chest.

Per forum rules please refrain from posting in negative feedback posts. What you had to say was not really inflammatory. It is just the forum rules we came up with in order to keep these type of threads from ending up being a lot of drama.

2. In the case of negative feedback, the member or vendor will then have a chance to explain their side of the situation.

3. In the case of negative feedback, each party involved in the disagreement has one opportunity to state their case.

4. In the case of negative feedback, the thread will be closed after both parties have made their case.

5. In the case of negative feedback, any post made by anyone other than the original two parties involved will be deleted without question or warning.

Please everyone help me out here and resist the urge of chiming in. Davey Jones Locker gets one chance to respond and then the thread will be closed

Archived