help with vortech mp10

40GallonReef

So my mp10 keeps making a funny noise. When I look at it my wet side is moving ever so slightly. Not sure why this is happening.

My tank is a 40 breeder with 3/16 inch glass, the Manuel says I need the rubber spacer.

The noise is not consistant. Only last 5 seconds and has only happened a few times tonight (that I could hear).

Anyone else ever experience this?

Have you cleaned the wetside recently? I have noticed that there is buildup under the magnet if I haven't cleaned mine in awhile, and they make a noise when its time to clean them. But you need to see if its coming from the dry side or not. I have had to get a new dry side because of a whine noise, but it also wasn't running correctly.

I am not sure where the noise was coming from because it was so brief. I thought it might be misaligned so I moved it a little, and it made the noise and moved down a little then the noise stopped. So it looked like it aligned itself and made the noise as it was doing it. I hope that makes sense. Not sure if this is why it made the noise but has not made the noise again since. This tank is in my home office and I am not always in there.

Archived