Biocube 29 HQI in my office.

daleroller

This weekend I moved out my Biocube 14 and Upgraded to the mighty Biocube 29 HQI. The 14 gallon is going to my mom's house since she loves looking at my tank and we will put 3 clownfish in that one.

I love the extra room in the 29 gallon tank. It fits perfectly in my office. The brighter lights will let me put a couple of anenome in there. One thing that dissapoints me about the lights is that they took out the moon light lamp that comes with the 14. I would also like an intersteing looking clam and a scallop or too in time. Right now I have a clownfish, 2 royal damsels, serpent star, scooter blennie, watchman gobie, coral banded shrimp, some snails and some hermit crabs, and a sea slug of some sort.

One of my favorite things about a saltwater tank is interesting peices of live rock that I can put in it. I like the idea of a sea garden. I carefully selecting peices of live rock from NW Seahorse and Premium Aquarium. I placed the rock to create lots of caves and hiding places for the critters. Garrett has some especially nice pieces of live rock, all colored purple, with lots of crevices and holes. I got a couple of nice peices that had zoas, leathers and palys already es tablished on them. I may pick up a few more peices tomorrow for my mom's tank.

I want to add a pipefish or a snowflake eel to the tank next. I also want 2 more clownfish. Coral Reef has a bunch of little clownfish that are tank raised for only $10 each. I am also seriously considering peppermint shrimp or a sally lightfoot crab.

When I set up the aquarium I picked up a Eheim external canister filter that fits perfiectly in the aquarium cabinet and the hoses fit the back of the tank just right.

I need to get some cheato to put in the back refugium. There is some live rock rubble in the bottom portion of the fuge right now.

I purchased about 4000 copepods of of eBay. half will go into this tank, and the other half in mom's tank while it is cycling.

Archived