dead return pump - need help

markdadof2

AARRRG. Had surgery today and relaxing on the couch when my Return pump decided to die on me. I run my skimmer, chiller, Ca reactor and a few other items off this pump. It was a sealine 6540 pump - 767 GPH, 10.23 ft. Max head pressure. Dimensions: 7.2” x 5.9” x 7” and Connections: 3/4" hose barb compression fitting inlet & outlet

So, does anyone know of a local shop that I can send my wife to get one tomorrow, or something comparable? Anyone have something like it for sale?

Right now I hooked up a pump that will pretty much just move water to the display and run a bit of water thru the skimmer, but not sure how long I have before this does not suffice.

Thanks in advance all.

Hey Mark, I don't advise hitting your pump but when i bought my tank the guy said the return pump will go out not turn back on if i unplug it and to hit it with a hammer.... Works every time. When i plug it back in nothing... I pull it to the top and smack it with a hammer and it starts lol. Kinda weird but it works great.

Kasasah, that was the first thing I tried as it has happened before. In the future I will have a spare on hand that I can use or someone can borrow! I'm thinking I need a new impeller, but will first order a new pump. Pnkrcklives was nice enough to loan me a pump for a week until a new one comes in!