Reef Cleaners A+!!

impur

I recently dosed chemiclean in my tank, and something happened that caused me to lose most of my acros, and ALL of my snails. Being the holidays, and having a 4m old making it hard to travel up to Salem to see Garrett, I gave Reef Cleaners a try and boy did John come thru. So many snails!!! Just a great all around deal, great shipping, communication, and best of all great livestock.

Thanks John!

I recently dosed chemiclean in my tank,and something happened that caused me to lose most of my acros, and ALL of my snails

Really? Was it the liquid stuff of the yellow powder? I have dosed it about 3 times over the last 4 years and have never had a problem. Did you narrow down what might have caused it?

Powder. Yah i've dosed it 3 or 4 times over the years with no problems whatsoever, and I did it exactly the same this time around. The only thing I can think of is lack of oxygen even though i had an airstone going. Its just really weird, every single snail died, all my acros bleached (some are now showing PE), and all my chalices died (some still have spots of flesh). Montis are all fine, zoas all fine, acans/favias all fine, fish fine, hermits/shrimp/crabs all fine. Just weird. Win some you lose some i guess.

I love the acclimation procedure as well, float for 15min and then put into the tank! I guess they collect the inverts in a tidal zone, so they are used to quick changes in params. I've still got a sluggish nerite here and there, and some tiny ceriths i'm sure didn't make it but there are so many that did and i'm sure more than i ordered.

I've ordered from Johnny a couple times with great service. Heck I even placed an order a year or so ago and got an e mail from him apologizing that my order would be a few days late because he had been in a car wreck & was in the hospital with a ruptured spleen & several broken bones. It only ended up being 2 days late!

Archived