Whats wrong with my Clownfish?

FatChevy

Not sure what it is but if you have corals in your tank you might want to consider using melafix and shut your skimmer off till your done dosing with it. It has worked wonders for me in the past.

so is this like a once a day for the remainder of the tank or just until the clown heals?

Just till they heal. If you run the skimmer you will cause a ton of foam (never tried it but heard stories). When you are done dosing with it you just do a larger water change.

would it be easy to just quarantine the one clownfish or do I need to dose all of them. that being a flame angel, coral beauty, 4 chromis and a blue hippo tang?

would it be easy to just quarantine the one clownfish or do I need to dose all of them. that being a flame angel' date=' coral beauty, 4 chromis and a blue hippo tang?[/quote']

I'm not one to do a qt tank but many on here highly suggest it. I look at it as an added stress to the fish bouncing it from tank to tank to tank. But if you do plan on doing a qt tank I would set it up soon and get the clown out since you are unsure what the issue could be. It will lessen your chances of causing issues with the other fish. I'm a gambler when it comes to livestock though.

I'm not one to do a qt tank but many on here highly suggest it. I look at it as an added stress to the fish bouncing it from tank to tank to tank. But if you do plan on doing a qt tank I would set it up soon and get the clown out since you are unsure what the issue could be. It will lessen your chances of causing issues with the other fish. I'm a gambler when it comes to livestock though.

i have a QT tank already set up and water is from when I did a water change last. just curious (because I dont know) why would I need to do a big water change after dosing for the 7 days it suggests?

Not sure what it is but if you have corals in your tank you might want to consider using melafix and shut your skimmer off till your done dosing with it. It has worked wonders for me in the past.

I would advise against just tossing different chemicals at it until you know what it is.

Shoot Dave (barelycuda) a pm, he is the resident clown expert.

Just for clarification I didn't say to use it. Just was metioning an option. I agree Dave is a weath of knowledge for clownfish.

Just for clarification I didn't say to use it. Just was metioning an option. I agree Dave is a weath of knowledge for clownfish.

I ordered the melafix anyways. I think you had a good idea and if by the time the melafix gets here if the clown isnt better or dead I will try this stuff after advisement from Dave. I also will try and see If I can get a hold of Dave. thank you everyone for your help!

Archived