GenX pump not working properly

cellowithgills

I worked for a guy and I got a 3 month old GenX PCX-40 that isn't working properly. It runs for about 5 mins then it gets super hot and shuts off. I just spent the last hour pulling it apart' date=' checking the bearings, cleaning everything and putting it back together. Nothing changed. Any ideas?[/quote']

right here...

Sorry haha shows how much is on my mind haha. Those are kinda problematic and tend to be noise as well naturally. Had that mold if worked fine for 2 years, worst case get a different pump if u can afford one. Best of luck to you! How big of a tank do u have ? I have a 1100 gph pump if need be, but it's submersible type.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.496344,-122.578266

The "coils" or windings can be tested with a D.V.O.M. as well as the stator/ rotor. The brushes can be visually inspected for wear cracking or piting. The rotor can also be visually instpected for burning/pitting as well. I would be careful if you take it that far apart. Cause the brushes can be a P.I.T.A. to get back in the proper place. Especially if they dont give you a way to "pin" the brushes. And you gotta take into account the endplay of the whole rotating assembly. It sounds scary but its not too bad once you have messed with a few. Thats why I like to get free pumps and try and repair them. Cause if all else I just recycle the parts. Hope that helps.

Archived