Wait, wait, wait, anther coldwater tank? For Free? Go ahead and be jealous....

AquaticEngineer

One of my buddys gave me a call today that OMSI needed to find a new home for one of their 200 gallon aquariums. (rock2)

I dont know for sure which one it is yet, but in the email he said it had tank, stand, lights, hood, chiller, skimmer......etc.

So if its thick enough acrylic it'll go cold water.

If its glass, then I'll dual pane the front and go coldwater.

Anyone who's been to OMSI recently remember seeing a 200 gallon ish sized tank? I'm picking it up this weekend so I'll see then for sure.

Soooo, looks like my buddy wants me to part this thing out and sell it off. I'm getting the chiller, skimmer, and pump.

The tank, stand, hood, lights, and sump will be for sale as a whole if anyone is interested.

Tank is a 220 I think, measures about 72"x30"x24". I'll know more tomorrow when we pick it up.

It will have a far more glorious life as a coldwater tank than it ever would have as a tropical reef ;)

This tank has had a lot of lives!!! It was once a reef, then a Cold freshwater tank. They had intended to convert the tank slowly to salt and then back to fresh so that they could show all the stages of the salmon life cycle. This all would have taken place over several years; I have wanted to try this ever since I kept salmon fry 14 years ago.

I think it would be sweet to see this tank as a FOWLR with a shark (dogfish) :)

Archived