Red Corris Wrasse experiance?

Pylum

I bought a juvenile red corris wrasse last year without doing any research on it. Until now it has not been a problem to my peppermint shrimp or any of my crabs, but I have heard a lot of stories about them eating any invert they see. I have also heard they are only aggressive when they want to spawn. Is this only when they reach adulthood that they become a problem? Does anybody have any experience with them?

I have a juvenile right now. He is super shy. Stays burried all day except for like one hour before the lights are off and like an hour after they go out. I have only seen him eat any inverts once. And it was an injured hermit. If any fish darts passed him or you move to the tank too fast he will burrow into the sand and stay there. I have had him like six months. When I first got him he stayed burried for a whole week.

wow sounds like we have wrasses with opposite personalities. Mine gets up around 9am and stays up until about 7pm. He will swim up to a person's face if you don't move to much. when I first brought him home he didn't even bury himself until the lights went out. maybe these fish are all pretty different in personality. thanks for the input

• 2 weeks later...

Archived